Friday, August 1, 2008

New Video and Pictures of Jacob

After a week in the NICU at Banner Desert in Mesa, AZ Jacob finally made it home for the first time. Jacob has already received a nickname, "CuddleBug". He just loves to be held. We are so thankful and blessed that he is OK. His start in the world did not look good. When he was born he was not breathing nor was his heart beating. Lots of prayers and some great work from the NICU nurses ensured he would overcome his first obstacles. All tests have come back good and in favor of no damages due to the trauma at birth. I'll tell I know his plumbing works well as I have been peed on twice and changed a quite a few diapers already. I know....I've already made changes to my diaper changing techniques. So far we are very happy and learning how to become great parents.

Enjoy the pics and videos,
Matt

P.S. I am teaching Kimmy how to make updates.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.. Congratulations! He's adorable! Great pics and video! We can't wait to meet him!

- Dan, Stacie, Alex, Ayden and Ashlynn Bennington

Melissa said...

Wow! Matt you seem to love to look at Jacob through the camera lens! Just kidding but the videos are really cute and he is a doll!!He looks really healthy and happy with you guys. I am so happy that everything went well and in the right direction. Much love to both of you and little Jacob. Seriously give me a call if you need anything I would love to help in any way.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you both! That is the power of God working in your lives. He looks like a great healthy baby!

Melanie said...

I so loved watching these videos of you guys and Jacob. You guys are already such great parents and Jacob is so lucky to have you. He is a perfect little miracle baby! He is so adorable and cute. You can already tell what a special spirit he has. I love you guys!